Saturday, December 6, 2008

Christmas Tree!

I am very proud of myself...I'll explain. I was told by Jonathan that he had no time to go with me to get a Christmas tree, until after next week. Well, this was unacceptable, I just couldn't wait that long. So I decided, being all alone today, that I would venture to Home Depot down the street and see what I could find. Jon suggested a FAKE tree, since I would probably be able to handle that easier, being alone and all. I wasn't havin'  that either. All the trees outside were wrapped up, so you couldn't tell what they looked like. That worried me a little, so I went inside (too warm up, it's about 22 degrees) and see what they could offer in the "artificial" variety. Not much. Not only were they all at least 7 ft. (we need a mini tree) but they were all at least $150. Yikes. I had noticed that the noble fir's outside were only $37. So, determined not to spend over $50, I walked my happy butt back out into the arctic temperature to get a REAL tree. I very nice older couple helped me cut the rope off a 5 ft. tree so I could see it. It looked great and they agreed that I should get it. I had the "tree man" cut the end off and re-wrap it. What I'm really proud of, was not only did I do all that on my own, but I also loaded and unloaded that bad boy into our car and got it up to our apartment, all by myself. I then decided Jon couldn't come home to a half-ass effort, so I loaded it into the tree stand and stood it up and decorated it all before he came home. Here is the finished product!

5 comments:

Babylonfive said...

That's my girl! What a BAD***!

D

The Acosta Family said...

You go Auntie Am! Remind Bubba that Santa reads your blog and will remember this...

I think your tree is lovely and that your did a superb job.

Anonymous said...

Ho Ho Ho ! ! ! 22' - brrr. I like your tree - and I bet it smells great, too. Hope finals go well & that you two get a chance to catch up on a little R&R. Love to you both. Lynn/Dad

Unknown said...

Look at you go, missy! The tree looks great. We can't wait to see you guys in January.

Anonymous said...

Great tree! :)