Sunday, November 22, 2009

Wrapping it up in PA

So yesterday was a sad day. My last day at Magee-Women's Hospital. I'm relieved to be done... but it was really hard to say goodbye to everyone. They threw me a party which was really nice of them. Some people made food to bring and they also pitched in to order some pizza. They bought me a cake and all signed a card with some nice messages. Someone even made Texas cookies! I cried a couple of times and got some good pictures. I had three deliveries my last day. It was a good one. Take a look at the pictures I posted...

That night, Jon threw a frozen pizza in the oven for me. I went to get it out and burned the hell out of my hand. I guess I turned my hand a funny way... and laid it down on the rack! Yikes. It's a blistered line and it's probably gonna scar. Yuck. Nice way to end the day.

So far our travel plan will work something like this... Our moving company is coming sometime on Monday Dec. 7th. We will know on Friday 4th what time they will be here. I am hoping in the morning. If that's the case, we will leave by lunchtime for Texas! We will stop to sleep Monday night and in theory could be in Austin late on Tuesday night. If the moving company doesn't come until the afternoon, we may be looking at getting to Austin sometime on Wednesday. We will definitely keep everyone updated as things progress. We can move in to our apartment on Wed. 9th, but our stuff will not arrive until at least Fri. 11th. And it might not even show up then. We have a pretty wide window for delivery. So that's the plan so far!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Where are you now?? What's the new address?? =)